The banana peel is a source of natural potassium, which makes it a waste, not to take adventage of it.
Potassium is responsible for transporting nutrients through the plant and it is very vital for the formation of flowers and fruits. In this article we will show you creative ways, to use potassium from banana peels as a homemade fertilizer.
I recommend that you use this fertilizer for your plants, it is very economical and your plants will be very thankful for you.
Since the problem of the banana peel is in the quick lost of its qualities, you have to know first how you should deal with this matter.So to keep it fresh until we need it, you have to put it inside a bag in the freezer.
Now we are going to see how to use the banana peel as a fertilizer, by showing you different methodes. It is organized from the simplest, to the most complicated method.
Starting from my favourite methos, the easy one.
1. Begin by choping banana peel into very small pieces.
2. Filling one bottle up to half, using water.
3. Next,put the banana slices in the container, and close it well.
4. Leave it for one week.
5. Take out the banana peels using sieve.
6. Pour liquid into a spray bottle, then water the plants!
This genious trick of a homemaker, will make your flowers so happy With the banana peels. It is so full of nutrients, this is one of the best ways to take adventage of them.
If you have a compost pile, simply incorporate the peel into the compost pile.
3. Put a banana peel in the hole, where we will plant our plant.This is very drastic and must be done whenever we raise tomatoes, peppers, eggplants or plants that bear fruit. The shell is going to decompose under the earth and we will slowly release the potassium that our plants need.
4. make a banana tea:
We put the peels of 1 kilo of bananas, or more or less than 5 or 6 bananas. After that, let it to to soak in 1 liter of water. We leave them stand 24 hours and we strain, then our banana tea is ready. We simply use this liquid to water our flowers.Just to attract your attention, the fellowing are the first flowers of strawberries we sowed in winter last year(exactly one year ago), here I leave the video.
5. Make a boiled banana tea:
If you are in a hurry, you can make the banana tea very fast, by cooking the peels for 15 minutes in 1 liter of boiling water. Obviously, you have to wait for it to cool.
Banana tea, can be stored for 1 week in the refrigerator.
Use the SHARE button to tell your friends about this intelligent housewife trick.