When someone’s depression takes hold, it can be an indescribable feeling, since everyone suffers from it in different ways.
There is not a set of symptoms that everyone has, but talking to people who suffer from this condition or who have suffered from it, certain patterns can be found.
Depression is often not seen, is not identified or is not diagnosed. A person with covert depression is someone conditioned to fight with their inner demons in a way that is not clearly visible.
It may be diagnosed or not, and the closest people may know it or not. The problem is that the world becomes darker when we all stop being able to understand each other.
We tend to believe that the difficulties are nailed as if they were a war wound. However, many of those injuries are not shown to people who do not take the time to observe them.
When someone has been diagnosed with depression, their friends and family members frequently advise them should not worry, that it is just a temporary condition and will soon go away, and they do not need to be treated by a doctor. But they are very wrong.
Depression symptoms include:
- Irritable or low mood most of the time
- Difficulty falling asleep or oversleeping
- Large change in appetite, often with weight gain or loss
- Fatigue and lack of energy
- Feelings of worthlessness, self-hatred and guilt
- Difficulty concentrating
- Slow or fast movements
- Inactivity and withdrawal from usual activities
- Feelings of hopelessness or abandonment
- Repeated thoughts of death or suicide
- Loss of pleasure in activities that usually make you happy, including sexual activity
This video will show you how to living with depression, and better understand this unknown disease and help you know what the symptoms are so you can catch it early.
After watching it, I’m sure your ideas about this mental disorder will become clearer and more understandable what depressed people are going through.
Do not hesitate to Share this video with all your friends!